Wednesday 24 March 2010

Touch Typing my words onto Mac

I feel like I have had a productive day today as I went through my writing in my pink book and typed it up, editing as I went.  Oh, the joy of being able to touch type.  I owe that to Mrs Jolley when I was 14.  I decided to take a typewriting course when I was in secondary school (all those many moons ago).  We learnt to type on manual typewriters and she was a stickler for knowing exactly where the keys were placed.  We had to practise with a piece of a paper over our hands and read the text quickly.  I'm so glad that I had this grounding as it really has set me up for this computer led age.  I only have to see people who struggle with three fingers and I wish it was taught as it makes things so much easier.  To know where the keys are on the keyboard is a real blessing.

The cat sat on the mat - that was the phrase I remember.  I'm sure there's lots of people who remember this too!!

Well today it really did come in handy as I was transcribing my writing.  

I also spent a good hour or so going through the Writers and Artists 2010 Yearbook.  I have already gone through it with post it notes to highlight the publishers and literary agents who would be suitable to send my proposal.  Making a list of them all and starting to visit their websites to see their submission guidelines.  Maybe a little premature but I think it's all part of the research and it also gets me into the mood.  The W&AY is a great resource with lots of great articles written on how to submit to agents/publishers.  It's all about the first impression.  When writing a non-fiction book it's not the whole manuscript they require, it's a proposal, synopsis and sample chapters plus bio about the writer.  

Been a beautiful day here in France so managed to do some of this outdoors.  Nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...