Friday 2 April 2010

2 Days mindblooming.

Yesterday was a real mindblooming day.  So much so, I couldn't get to sleep last night because my mind was still churning about the handbook.  Still not sure if it's a workbook, guidebook or handbook. I'll have to ponder on that one.  It's definitely going to be something that a prospective university applicant can work through, either young person, or mature student.  I have been collating all my own notes, reference material and inspirational exercises which will encourage the reader to begin the process of unlocking the creative statement within.  It's going to be an interesting few weeks as I continue to transfer ideas, formula from written page to mac.     Found a great quote today from 'Why do bad things happen' by Gordon Smith (the Psychic Barber)

"When crap happens, just stand above the situation and say "Is that mine? No. Then don't take it on or own it, its not yours, just roll up your sleeves and get on with things". [p51]  I quite like this because recently I've been thinking in too much detail about a particular problem and it's actually not mine, it's someone else's - so I'm going to take this valuable lesson and apply it - see how it fits.

And so - "It's not mine, I'm not taking it on, I'm not owning it, I'm going to get on with my own things today"   There, I feel better.  Have good good Friday x

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...