Saturday 31 December 2011

Welcoming the New

Where did December go?  I realised I have taken a step away from blogging this past month.  It wasn't intentional but I am really glad for the space.  More so these past 2 weeks have seen Jules doing alot of reflecting and looking back on the year.  Having a book published in April, developing my first Jules Dolly workshop in May, going to Portugal to do Flora Bowleys' Bloom True workshop, which taught me such a different way to paint (you can read about it here, if you fancy). I got married in Gibraltar and that was such a highlight for me. (Go here if you'd like to nose in)  I tallied up that I have done 12 commissions this year, which is one a month - that ain't bad and I'm pretty chuffed. 

Lucy wasn't well in June, but thank goddess, she's doing really fine and taking all her herbal medication. 

Next year is in the planning.  I have been writing my course and will hopefully reveal this soon, it's something I'm collaborating with hubby.  Exciting.

I have 10 weeks to write my 2nd book 'Creating your First Ever CV in seven easy steps', that is going to mean the next few months of strict structure, which is good for me.  

Here are some of the highlights for me this year:-


We're now a scooter family!
Just received my book in the post from the publishers
My first Jules Dolly Art Workshop in May 

The 2nd Canvas 'depth' from Bloom True with Flora Bowley

The 1st Canvas 'thought bubbles'



Hubby2B

Getting thee wed in Gib

Honeymooning in Gib

Connect the Dots, my biggest canvas yet - 3ft x 2 ft

Me and My Maid of Honour

Will, me and stepdaughter Janelle

A gift to a friend and her hubby to commemorate their wedding day
The Lovely Lucelee

Continuing with my oracle project 

Recreating my art'heart space.
Learning to Knit!
Anyone want to see what I knit!?!?

And so now to say cheerio to 2011 - you were good, there were ups and downs but I'm growing and learning all the time and finding my 'soulful way' all the time.  Can't ask for much more.

Hello 2012.

It's good to see you.

Much love
Jules xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow Julia, what a year you have had!! - so much good stuff there and more to come for the Year 2012 by the sounds of it too! I am so impressed with your knitting btw!!-great colours.
    Much Love, Health, Wealth & Blessings to you for this New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Swirls - I must admit it was really interesting looking back through all of my photos on my mac, as they told a story. Here's to a great 2012 and putting all our dreams and wishes into action.
    Much love back to you for a wonderful year xx

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...