Monday 23 January 2012

Finished Knitting My Handies

Well I have now finished my first pair of handies.  It wasn't without practice.  I did actually have to unpick, then start again a few times.  I cast on 36 stitches and really thoroughly enjoyed the whole process.  I have discovered a whole new way of meditating, plus I just adore taking my knitting with me if I know I have to go somewhere and wait, or "just in case" I may have some time spare.   It's so relaxing and very therapeutic.  For a chatterbox monkey brain like mine, (happening internally of course, you'd never think I was a chatterbox to meet me, or would you?) it is very calming as I'm concentrating on not dropping any blinkin' stitches.  

I taught myself how to cast on and off via You Tube, particularly loved Knitting tips with Judy 
My mum helped too but I actually have my mother-in-law staying and she's been knitting for 58 years and so it's wonderful to have her on hand (sorry, cue pun).  Her name is Judy as well (how mad is that?)




I love turquoise and these just sing to me and so lovely when I'm writing.  I have now started on a pair for hubby (black mix, he didn't fancy turquoise) and he's going to wear them under his gloves when he's on his scooter - it's sooooo chilly here at the mo. 

A bit thank you to Henny Designs who inspired me, whilst I read her blog post about knitting. Love her stuff.

Much Love
Jules xxx

4 comments:

  1. Love your handies and the turquoise colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they are FANTASTIC!!! I love the colour and I love the clever colour changes and extra detail. Well done - can't believe that's your first knitting project - WOW!!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank YOU so much, Shells xx
    Henny, well your post inspired me to ask mum for her knitting needles. It got me started! Thank you really, so much, keep on inspiring xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Julia - well done on starting a knitting project and completing it too! The wool is lovely btw - do you know the brand?
    I've popped over to Henny Designs - looks interesting! Will have to visit later when I get a bit more time x

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...