Wednesday 6 June 2012

Present but Absent

I have been quite absent from blog land - it is not that I don't have anything to write about (since when do I not have anything to write about).  I have just felt introverted, reflective and quiet.

You know that feeling, don't you?

When you just want to shut out the noise.  The technology, the interruptions and Be Still.

To listen to the tiny whispers inside.

This is what I have been doing.

Whilst in these moments of stillness, I have been lovingly creating my Wisdom Oracle Card Canvases.  I have now completed 4 and have a new set of 4 on the go.

The words are flowing from me as I'm painting, I stop, I write the messages and the wisdom.

It's a really healing process.

Remembering the relationships, the people, the memories, the connections.

I have also been delving into my writing too and am beginning the research around my Healing ME book.

I want to share my Canvases because, hey that's just what I do.  I took them outside to let them absorb some beautiful sunlight and took some snaps in the garden.  Isn't that giant Poppy GREAT?!

It is still early days and I am letting this unfold.

But I'm really delighted at how they're turning out.

All is Well

By Your Side, Always

Ground Yourself

Love Always
If you want to read a little more about my 44 Wisdom Card Project, then click here.  Each of these canvases are inspired by people and their meanings/messages very healing and poignant.

So onward with the next four.  I doubt I'll get all 44 finished by my 44th birthday in July but I hope to have them all done in my 44th year.

Much Love
Jules xxx


5 comments:

  1. Aww Jules these are looking really lovely hon. The colours are cheerful and reassuring and giving off a very positive vibe. Well done!!
    I know exactly what you mean about introverted periods - we all need them to consolidate and balance don't we.
    Have a super week.
    Love Henny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would imagine this to be a really hard task, but you always make it look so effortless. This will be so amazing when you have completed it. Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Henny... stepping out and revealing is always like handing in homework, so I really truly say thank you for your lovely words. I am loving creating these, it's such a touching and deep experience. Hope that you're ok and enjoying a lovely week. Jules xxxx

    Rachael, it is a really moving experience and I was thinking how this would be if everyone made their own set of wisdom cards, we'd reconnect to the message and the people of our lives. At some point, I may be brave to record the process. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jules - love the idea behind your Oracle Canvases, they are looking really beautiful.
    The on-line world can be small at times - I read your link into your 44 Wisdom Card Project and noticed your words about being inspired by Lori Portka (she is a member in the Joy Up Tribe I belong to) and she kindly did the art work for the Joy Up Tribe banner which I printed out and have stuck in my diary - small world eh?
    I love the giant poppy btw - very beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Swirls, thanks so much. I'm so enjoying doing them - sketching and thinking about the people/things/animals and how they affected me. I love Lori Portka, I bought one of her cards about 18 months ago and I just adore her work, she has been so inspirational (and continues to be so). It's a wonderful small world really isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...