Wednesday 28 July 2010

Wake Bless Walk Warmup Begin

I decided to create this mantra for myself to get me writing. Wake, Bless, Walk, Warmup, Begin.  On waking, I then meditate, walk the dog, warmup with morning pages and then begin.  However, it's true what they say about procrastination when you have deadlines - it's amazing what else you can get done.

1. make hair appointments
2. choose daily affirmations (see picture)
3. take pictures of affirmations
4. apply hand and nail treatments every 5 minutes
5. research an ongoing painting
6. spray Jo Malone pomegranate noir
7. make another cup of coffee.
8. choose an angel card for inspiration
9. update new academic diary
10.general day dreaming


So that's the long and short of it.  I have 17,292 words already and only 8,700 ish to go - have gone through all the text and now I'm adding some new themes - thought it would be great to have a section about interviews and this is what the focus groups wanted... 

At the same time I'm doing this, I'm also thinking about the next one.. tho' decided to start writing morning pages today to get my brain flowing and warmed up.  It must have done something. 

Time for lunch - well I was eating breakfast at 7am 

xx
addendum; the doorbell rang, the postman has 4 out of my 6 undergraduate prospectuses for me.... that's good news because I can feel a wave of inspiration.  Well done you universities that sent them PDQ.
Bath spa, lancaster, plymouth and staffs, waiting for nottingham, birmingham & hertfordshire.  I picked randomly, from league tables btw.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...