Wednesday 21 July 2010

Writing ~ seriously
















When I'm writing, I have to set myself the time and space to do so.  I have often berated myself for not writing in a structured way and I realised only recently that this is OK. That's my way of writing.  

I do need quiet, no interruptions, no texts, no phone calls, no answering the door, just the dog sleeping next to me encouraging me to get into the flow.  

I decamped from my office/studio space to my bed. A place with a view and I realise I need a view!

Armed with mac and reference materials, I went through everything once more.  Every time I re-read my words, I find new ways of expressing sentences and make changes along the way.  What I'm finding is in the editing, I'm actually not adding words but taking them away, which is not the plan as I have to add another 8,000!  But I think it will be ok. I'm feeling confident about it.  This blog helps me as I feel the need to check in with myself, I think I'm the only follower!   Have a happy Wednesday and hope the blue skies are out today. Finally here in Liverpool we have blue skies and the torrential downpour has receded.  Love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...