Monday 27 December 2010

Looking back over the year

This time last year we were in France.  Waiting to start 2010 and create our days and work there.  I remember beginning my art again, tapping into online workshops with Suzi Blu and feeling totally inspired to bring together all my paints, visiting a french art shop and talking my way through to buying a few basic supplies.

I haven't blogged for a long while.  Not sure what stopped.  I am reading Oriah Mountain Dreamer's What we Ache for (which I downloaded to my mac as I'm testing out how I like to read e versions and the possibility of a Kindle).  For any of you who has never read OMD, she wrote The Invitation about 10 years ago.  For this book, she talks alot about instilling practice into our lives, whether it's taking photographs daily, creating compositions, writing daily, drawing, sketching, daily.  The word here is - daily.  I have put this to one side and I'm not sure why.  Looking back over the last 3 months, I think I have let it go.  I pushed myself to finish the manuscript and then let it go.  Over the next few days I am going to purchase a new journal for writing and art and begin to reflect and think about how I can move forwards into 2011, how we can both move forwards, Will and I, into the next phase and plan.  So that's what I'm going to do.  Today, I thought I would rekindle my connection to my blog, with a lovely introductory photo of my new easel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...