Tuesday 8 March 2011

The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap

The Love Fairy
So I haven't written a blogpost for over a week and I wondered why.  Then I realised I had set myself the challenge of no TV 2 week challenge.  Here's the thing.  I haven't achieved everything on my list but I am part way to organising space and I have just been painting quite alot.  Not having TV in my life and listening to classic fm has made a subtle shift and created Space in my Soul.  I am writing about this alot these past few weeks. 

So.  I am taking part in the Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap which is being organised by Beth Nicholls from Do What you Love for Life (she's organising the fab retreat in May in Yorkshire).  The idea behind the postcard swap is to create a postcard, on the theme of LOVE and it has to contain some kind of 'stitching'.

So I have worked on my Love Fairy.  She was asking to be made so that's what I did.  Using Matt photo paper which has a durability to it, I created my background and added the Love Fairy. I used a variety of mediums, acrylic, tulips, glitter, and I have recently purchased Faber Castell Big Brush Skin Tone pens which are just divine. 

Reverse side
So the next step is I sent this off to my recipient in USA and I will be waiting to receive a stitched postcard from whomever has been given my details. We then all write a blog about the one we have got and post photos on a special Flickr album.

It's all quite exciting and something I have never done before.  A great way of meeting people and getting to know this global creative spirited community.  

On another note, I have been to see a lovely venue today in Liverpool to organise my own workshop.  A day where you can learn how to create your own canvas, jules dolly stylee and release the creative soul within.   Details to be revealed when I finalise them but watch this space.  

And so to finish off the commissions I have going on and to paint more for selling, prints and greeting cards.  *Jules does a jig* 

10 comments:

  1. That postcard is beautiful. Wow! Your recipient is going to be thrilled with it.
    What a beautiful mind you have.
    Love and Light

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Tizzy....I'm excited to see what I receive... I'll be posting pictures xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, am so very proud of you. Your talents go on and on miss j dolly, love mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your postcard. I'm sure your swap partner will love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Anne.... I'm hoping it will soon be arriving in USA - haven't got mine yet either..... sure I will soon : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Great Big stitched with Love Postcard I received yesterday! I have been showing it off since then - at exercise, at my quilt guild, all over town! Thanks so much, Jules! I love everything about your creation and the fact that its mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arhhhh thanks Bonnie, so pleased you got it and you love it. I'm really pleased you like it, sent with love all the way from Liverpool! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's so sweet, the recipient will be lucky. Hope you get a wonderful one in return. p.s. love your blog side visuals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you received your postcard and that you like it!!

    I love the one you made too!

    Cheers Bree

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous postcard Jules! And your workshop sounds exciting...
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...