Monday 28 March 2011

The Magic Faraway Tree


Sometimes I wish I could go down to the Enchanted Wood at the end of my garden, climb up the magic faraway tree and spend some time hanging out with Moon Face, Silky and Mr Saucepanman.  I'd be able to visit the land at the top of the tree and I'd be one lucky lady as it would always be a land that was positive, peaceful, joyful and heart warming. 

i have recently started re-reading my three Enid Blyton books which I have treasured.  I'm now reading the  above book which is number 2. (I know that because even as a young Jules, when I used to keep my own library, I wrote the order down in each of them - which came in handy as I couldn't remember!)  They're printed around 1971-72 and I love these stories.   I think that it was the escapism, magic and wonder of the world at the bottom of the garden, the connection with nature and the relationship with animals.  Sounds like me.  Not everyone thinks Enid Blyton was the best writer in the world, and I'm not here to critique her words.  I just say blah blah blah, she's fab!  If you feel a little out of sorts, or down, go and read something you used to read as a child that has warm connotations for you. You'll know when you read this right now what book you're thinking of.  Is it Pollyanna?  Emil and the Detectives?  Mrs Frisby and the rats of NIMH? Treasure Island? The Secret Seven.  I could go on.

The reason why I'm reflecting this evening is because there's so much going round in my mind about creating the life that I want, doing what I love, that I find I become overwhelmed with it all.  Constant dialogue and discussion with just myself.   My creative community is online and virtual. I need a creative buddy because all I manifest comes from within - which I know is a good thing - but still, I do need sparks.  

I have my book being published in late April, early May.  A book which is a workbook for creative expression and a manual to help people write an expression statement for their university application.  I have worked as a coach for all my life (if I'm truly honest).  I also seek to help, guide, support, bring forth ideas, nurture others potential.  The book emerged whilst I was in France and I'm soon going to hold it in my hands.

So why do I feel overwhelmed?  Well I need to organise the website that supports this book.  I want to create a virtual coaching course which individuals can download so this supports them to write their statement.  I can't decide to go with a blog which would be more alive than a static website.   All these ridiculous questions flying round my mind.  

All I really need *want* to do is spend time in the Enchanted Wood - I'm sure, there, I will find answers.

So, can I?  

Today whilst walking Miss Lucy in the park, I stood and watched these tiny little birds having some kind of argument. (Sorry not sure what they were but very small) Well, that's what I thought they were doing.  It looked like one was chasing the other and boy, were they chirping at one another.  I just stood beneath them, amongst the trees, watching, seeing how quick they moved and how vocal they were. It could have been a game, i wasn't going to presume. For just this moment, I just let myself be with them and listen to them, without pondering on all the chat that goes on in my brain.  

I'm hoping that I'll discover the answers.

Now go, go dig out that book you used to love to read.  If you haven't got it, go find it.

Warm sunny March love 
Jules xx

3 comments:

  1. I love your book and your thoughts...fun to visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Bonnie for your lovely comment... blog hopping is fun isn't it!! Hope you're still enjoying the Love Fairy : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i had a faraway tree in the garden too, lovely entry Jules, don't feel overwhelmed with it all, everything will work itself out without you worrying about websites, decompartmentalise x

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...