Sunday 27 November 2011

Deconstructing patterns and LIFE

So I'm in week 2 of my surface pattern design course and I'm sketching quite a fair bit.  Looking at patterns and gaining inspiration from everything around me.   I need to spend some time now on re-establishing my artist space as I'm a bit all over the place at the moment.  

I noticed these PUKKA teas in the health shop and how they had taken the same design and used different colours for the various flavours.  Interesting stuff heh?!?! It's amazing noticing that we have patterns all over the place.






 I have been playing around and see what I can see in the papers I have around the home.  I realise that I have done this ALL MY LIFE. Creating flowers, faces, and deconstructing things.

Pages from my sketchbook


I am feeling a little overwhelmed with things at the moment.  I seem to be scattered.  I'm deconstructing my life (again).  I have so many splits in what I do that it's a challenge sometimes to know if I'm doing the right thing. Trying to work through my week and siphon off time.

Creating Art Canvases, Creating Calendars, Writing my 2nd book proposal, Working as an external marker, Careers Coaching, Health Shop Advisor, Workshop designer and facilitator at a school, Student of Surface Pattern Design. 

Do I need to stop and just focus? Do I need my own coach?  

Much Love
Jules xx

2 comments:

  1. Haha this rings a bell with me too, Jules (and I'm also a coach). I reckon some people are just born to be plate-spinners :)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep you're so right Sue, and I think I'm defo a plate spinner!! Think that at times need to focus and not be soooo scattered. Perhaps that's just what I'm experiencing at the moment - I'm normally OK!

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...