Tuesday 8 November 2011

Do What You Love - Bloom Postcard Swap

I have been really slow on this postcard swap, mainly for 2 reasons:

a) I was getting married early September in Gibraltar and when I signed up to the swap, I realised that I still needed to buy my dress (yikes) and organise various elements so I didn't allocate time for the postcard making : (

b) I tried something different and it took me a while!  I decided to take an original painting of mine and transfer it to a piece of material, then enhance it with paints and add some stitching.  I felt it went a tad wrong and I beat myself up about it.   I spent a good few weeks having internal dialogue meetings - can I send it, should I send it?



Anyway, I decided to just do it.  I sent it to my lovely contact Briana in Canada and I was so delighted to hear that she received it and she really liked it.  I decided to decorate the envelope as I have been into doing that lately.

All of this was brought about by Beth Nicholls, she's the lovely lass over at Do What You Love and she's pretty amazing.  Check out her website and ecourses that she's offering, "Do What You Love E-course" (which I did back in the spring -Can't recommend highly enough.)   The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design which starts on Monday (I'd love to do this), and Hello Soul Hello Business which begins in January 2012, with author, artist and possibilitarian Kelly Rae Roberts.

6 comments:

  1. Love your postcard - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much again for the beautiful postcard! I think the painting transfer to fabric turned out awesome, I blogged about your beautiful postcard:

    http://brianatomlin.blogspot.com/2011/11/postcard-from-england.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Shells and Briana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is fabulous Julia, totally worth the wait!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Beth, that's really lovely thing to say : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful Julia - I agree with Beth, it was definitely worth the wait x

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...